uModder values the privacy of users, publishers, members, and others who visit and use the uModder Services (collectively or individually, "you" or "users") and wants you to be familiar with how we collect, use, and disclose personal information from and about you.
You may share personal information when using the uModder Services. One example is when you provide information about yourself as part of the uModder account creation process. Another is when you take certain actions on the uModder Services that are public or intended to be public in nature, such as when you upload mods, post reviews, post profile information. Given the social nature of some of the uModder Services, that information may be collected, used, or disclosed by others who are part of that social interaction. In addition, some features of the uModder Services are designed to provide others with information about user activity. We encourage you to be mindful of this when considering your activity on the uModder Services.
By using the uModder Services, you expressly consent to the information handling practices described in this Policy.
Personal Information uModder Collects
We obtain information about you through the means discussed below when we provide the uModder Services. Please note that we need certain types of information so that we can provide the uModder Services to you. If you do not provide us with such information, or ask us to delete it, you may no longer be able to access or use the uModder Services.
- User-provided Information: You may provide a variety of information about yourself to us, such as your name, gender, email address, postal mailing address, telephone number, and billing information when you purchase uModder Premium Contents; upload, view, or download certain content from the uModder Services; enter reviews or upload mod contents; or otherwise use the features and functionality of the uModder Services.
- Automatically Collected Information: When you access the uModder Services we may automatically record and store certain information about your system by using cookies and other types of technologies. Cookies are small text files containing a string of alphanumeric characters that are sent to your browser. For further information visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org. You can set your browser not to accept cookies and the above websites tell you how to remove cookies from your browser. However in a few cases some of our website features may not function as a result. Examples of such information we automatically collect may include Internet Protocol address ("IP Address"), a unique user ID, device and browser types and identifiers, referring and exit page addresses, software and system type, and information about your usage of uModder Services. Examples of how uModder uses automatically collected information include to: (a) remember your information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you access the uModder Services; (b) provide customized advertisements, content, and information; (c) monitor the effectiveness of marketing campaigns; (d) monitor and store aggregate site usage metrics such as total number of visitors and pages accessed; and (e) track your entries, submissions, and status in any promotions or other activities.
List of third party services that uModder uses that may contain personal information
- Google Analytics: used for statistical analysis of site users
- Google reCaptcha: used to help prevent bots and malicious users from accessing the site
- Pay Pal: used to process point charge and Premium Membership payments
- Alipay: used to process point charge and Premium Membership payments
- Amazon AWS: used for sending emails and storing files such as mods and images
How uModder Uses Personal Information
uModder uses such information to operate, maintain, enhance, provide, create, and develop all of the features, functionality, and services (new or existing) found on the uModder Services; improve your experience with the uModder Services by delivering content that we hope you will find relevant and interesting, including advertising and marketing messages; allow you to comment on content, and participate in contests, or rewards programs; and understand the usage trends of our users.
We use your email address to communicate with you, including to notify you of major uModder Services updates, for customer service purposes, or to contact you regarding any content that you have posted to or downloaded from the uModder Services.
In certain cases, we have a legal obligation to collect and process your personal information (such as our obligation to share data with tax authorities).
uModder will rely on legal grounds to process your personal information to the extent permitted by applicable law, which may include, without limitation: to honour contractual commitments, to take steps in anticipation of entering into contract, to fulfil legal obligations, your consent, and uModder legitimate interests.
When uModder Discloses Personal Information
uModder may disclose user information if we believe in good faith that such disclosure is necessary to comply with laws around the world (for example, in the country of your residence), or respond to a court order, judicial or other government request, subpoena, or warrant in the manner legally required.
uModder also reserves the right to disclose information that we believe, in good faith, is appropriate or necessary to protect uModder from potential liability or from fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful uses; investigate and defend ourselves against third-party claims, or allegations; protect the security or integrity of the uModder Services; or protect the rights, property, or safety of uModder, our users, or others.
You may decline to share certain information with uModder, in which case uModder may not be able to provide to you some of the features and functionality found on the uModder Services. If you have created a uModder Services account, then, depending on the service, you may be able to update your profile information and preferences or disable your account by logging in and going to the settings page. For other requests to review, update, delete, or otherwise limit uModder's use of information that you have provided directly to uModder, you may contact firstname.lastname@example.org. In your request, please include your email address, name, address and specify all relevant background. To protect your privacy and security, we may take steps to verify your identity before granting you access or making corrections to your information. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your unique password and account information at all times.
Third-Party Services and Websites
Advertisers and Analytics Providers
We may use third-party Web analytics services in connection with the uModder Services, such as those of Google Analytics, its advertising features. These service providers use a variety of tracking technologies such as cookies to analyze how users use the uModder Services. The information collected (described above in "Automatically Collected Information") will be collected directly by these service providers to evaluate your use of the uModder Services. For more information on how Google Analytics uses data from our websites and how you can control the information sent to Google, head here: https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites. To learn about opting out of Google Analytics, please head here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout. Because these opt outs are cookie-based, please note that if you get a new computer or device, install or start using a new browser, or erase or alter your browser's cookie file, you may need to opt out again.
uModder may allow advertisers, third-party advertising networks and third-party advertising serving companies to serve advertisements directly to you within the uModder Services. By serving these advertisements directly to you, these companies can set their own cookies on your computer and trigger their own Web beacons and other tracking technologies to measure the effectiveness of their advertisements, and to collect and track information such as demographic information, inferred interests, aggregated information, and activity to assist them in personalizing the advertising content delivered to you. uModder does not provide information that personally identifies you to these third-party ad servers or ad networks without your consent. However, if you respond to an advertisement that targets a certain audience (for example, males age 15 to 18 who have participated in certain promotions), the advertiser or ad-server may conclude that you fit the description of the audience that they were trying to reach.
uModder uses a variety of managerial, technical, and physical measures to protect the integrity and security of your information. These measures may vary based on the sensitivity of your information. However, no security precautions or systems can be completely secure. We cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to uModder, and you do so at your own risk. We cannot guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards.
Retention of Your Information
IF YOU ARE UNDER 13 YEARS OF AGE, THEN PLEASE DO NOT USE OR ACCESS THE UMODDER SERVICES AT ANY TIME OR IN ANY MANNER.
Protecting the privacy of young children is especially important. For that reason, uModder does not knowingly collect or maintain personal information from persons under 13 years-of-age. If uModder learns that personal information of persons under 13-years-of-age has been collected on or through the uModder Services, uModder will take appropriate steps to delete this information.
If you are the parent or legal guardian of a child under 13 who has become a uModder Services member, then please contact uModder at email@example.com to have that child's account terminated and personal information deleted.
Merger or Sale
In the event that uModder, or some or all assets related to the uModder Services are acquired by or merged with a third-party entity or in connection with a contemplated change of ownership transaction, we reserve the right, in any of these circumstances, to transfer or assign the information that we have collected from users as part of that merger, acquisition, sale, or other change of control event.
uModder Contact Information