- 1. Extract the "KOF XIV Unpacker" folder into the game directory.
- 2. Double-click on "quickbms_4gb_files.exe".
- 3. Select the script "Unpack KOF14.bms".
- 4. Select the input archive (Assets.wad) from the main game directory.
- 5. Select the output folder as the main game directory
(C:Program Files (x86)SteamsteamappscommonTHE KING OF FIGHTERS XIV
- 6. Watch the progress status of the extraction and the final message.
- 7. Now you have all the game files extract (7 folders and 1 png).
Now you can mod KOF14.
But before starting you need to know some simple rules.
The "assets.wad" file have priority over the extract files of the game. This mean that, if you start the game, all game assets will be read from that file. So, if you have some mods and you want to use, you need rename the "assets.wad" file. (Example "assets.wadX") This is also useful for play the original game without mods, simply rename the assets file with the original name (assets.wad) and you're okay.