REDELBE is needed. Whenever the game is updated, the tool must be updated too. Download
- 1. Open the REDELBE zip and copy the file "dinput8.dll" and the folder "REDELBE" in the folder where you have the game installed.
- 2. Copy the REDELBE folder of the mod in the folder where you have the game installed.
The are two kind of mods in Dead or Alive 6, I usually include both:
- Direct Swap: Replaces a costume, hair, stage, etc.
- Layer2 Method: Adds a costume, hair, stage, etc. in an existing slot.
To use a mod using the Layer 2 method, you have to select the costume, hair, stage, etc. and then press a button.
- XBOX controllers: The "Back" button.
- PS3 controllers: The "Select" button.
- PS4 controllers: Use the "Share" button. You may need a program called "DS4Windows" and ticking an option called "Hide DS4 controller" for the button to work as equivalent of the xbox back button.
- Other controllers: The equivalent key to the above three.
- Keyboard: The F key.
There can be multiple mods in the same slot.
To remove the mod, delete the files you copied.
There are further instructions inside the zip.